Friday, April 18, 2008

at 5 a.m. this morning

i woke up because my bed was shaking and i didn't know why. i thought maybe someone had snuck/sneaked into my room and was playing a joke on me, but it really wasn't that funny and also i was the only person in my room, so i ruled out that option. anyway, i guess there was an earthquake or at least what they're referring to as a "tremor." that just reminds me of the movie tremors which makes me laugh.

i guess it was 5.4 magnitude but i'm not sure what that means in relation to other numbers. all i know is my bed was shaking and the news said people in michigan's beds were shaking too. probably most of their belongings shook as well.

but really the only thing i can think about is my 8th grade history class when mr. dan green told us about the new madrid fault line which is overdue for a... a what? a shake? a faulting? but once it does shake/fault/whatever a large portion of the midwest will be destroyed, probably including my bed. i am not really worrying about it.

but i think it's funny to make other people worry about it.

2 comments:

Candace said...

i''m worried.

not really.

Jason G said...

i was wondering if you felt it.

dang!
i'm slightly jealous. i wanna experience an earthquake.